Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Paris's Venus des Arts Statue



My walk down Rue de Seine, enjoying the various galleries....
suddenly turned into an intriguing surprise...

as I glanced to the small side street, Rue Jacques Callot...
A lifesize bronze statue commanded my full attention!

The art palette first caught my eye..




As I walked to the rear of the statue...a double bass


A pile of 12 books wedged inside..




Artist's brushes...




a broken picture frame...




Standing back....I take in the front view of the splintered torso..




Focusing on the head..sliced into 5 sections..

The bronze statue is by the French-American sculptor Arman and was erected around 1988.




This is not a statue you will want to view quickly...
"La Palette" cafe just beside!

Learned today from Elaine, who follows my blog...
Arman's father was an "antique dealer" in Nice...a great connection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails