Saturday, October 19, 2013

What I Never Expected To See In Paris!





I am always open for a new discovery....a surprise?
Today was one of those surprise days...

Imagine discovering this flying saucer shaped pod in the center of "Marche Dauphine", an indoor market at the famous flea market in Paris...





I had stumbled on a "Futuro House"...
Designed in 1968 by Finnish architect, Matt Suuronen, as a ski vacation house for a friend. His concept allowed a holiday house that was easy to construct, could stand in rough terrain, shed snow, and quick to heat!













Peeping inside...




26' in diameter

96 built until the 1970s oil crisis caused construction prices to soar as built from fiberglass-reinforced polyester plastic.

Are you curious? adventure minded??
www.podupnorth.com offered one for rental in North Wisconsin!


1 comment:

  1. But where will I hang my baroque mirror? LOL! I don't think it would work for me. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails