Wednesday, March 28, 2012

My Unexpected Lesson In China




While in Shanghai, I visited several small galleries featuring young Chinese artist.

I discovered the art now in China sends a message.

Ifagallery featured Christin Kalweit.

Christin chose barb wire to send her message....
" There is no innocence, only different levels of responsibility"


In her art...the razor wire seems to be harmless, not revealing its true purpose..
"the refined blades / our words / thoughts / decisions / actions / reactions just keep on rolling un-noticing / neglecting the traces left behind. "

I went to China with an open mind...not knowing how the trip would change me...
But never expected such a profound message.

This message has crept into my mind often...and already in only a few weeks...it has stopped me, and had me rethink and make some changes.

We think we are innocent....but are we???



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. It liberates the vandal to travel--you never saw a bigoted, opinionated, stubborn, narrow-minded, self-conceited, almighty mean man in your life but he had stuck in one place since he was born and thought God made the world and dyspepsia and bile for his especial comfort and satisfaction.
    - The American Abroad speech, 1868

    This is a quote from Mark Twain....travel does that to us...opens our minds and gives us a wider view of things. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A quote of great wisdom, thank you Theresa

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails