Friday, July 29, 2011

Orchestra Ink Drawings....Felicia Pacanowska

In June, I purchased many original works coming from the estate of Felicia Pacanowska.
My Paris dealer had acquired many special pieces from her sons, now living in Italy.


Her pen and ink studies of the orchestra caught my eye...
I favor when an artist leaves something for our imagination....
Her drawings let me feel the movement...


the long hours of practice and more practice...

hear the music...















My heart fell for Pacanowska's pen...
the color, the design.
She always carried her sketchbook, pen, and ink from China.
Always prepared for what she might discover.

Her works take on special meaning, after learning the hardships of her life.
She was born in 1907 in Poland to an artistic family and in 1932 moved to Paris to study with the School of Paris.
During the war, she lived under extremely dangerous conditions and learns her parents died under hands of Nazis.

She loses all of her art works and supplies...but continues her passion for art and life.
In 1947, she returned to Paris and begins again...
painting, drawing, etching, watercolors, and pastels.


My drawings above are dated soon after...1949,
The joy and passion she captures in her art...
the beauty of music...
after all that she saw and felt..
amazing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails