Wednesday, August 1, 2012

What Great Master Painted Blue-Violet Waves?




Would you have guessed these waves were painted by Renoir in 1879?

Recently moved to Chicago and today explored one of Chicago's Best....
The Art Institute of Chicago.

The museum, located in Grant Park, has one of the most notable collections of Impressionist and Post-Impressionist art in its permanent collection.

I have often been to the best museums in Paris...but The Art Institute had me never wanting to leave. Artists, I have seen many times, now seen in a new light.




Renoir chose blue-violets to paint the Normandy beach waves in his "Seascape". His light touch gave us a nature "tamed and poeticized"...
a painting about mood.....absolutely stunning!

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree! The Art Institute is one of the best treats in the U.S. I hope to go back and revisit.

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails