Tuesday, March 23, 2010

My Favorite French Green Beans with Shallots


This haricot vert recipe is perfect after a long day
or for entertaining.
It is simple, takes 10 min to cook and the rich, slightly sweet taste will have your guests asking for the recipe.
1 lb 'skinny' french green beans
2 good sized shallots ( peeled and roughly chopped)
2 T butter ( I use a bit less)
Freshly ground pepper
French sea salt ( the finishing salt makes the difference)
Melt butter in a sturdy skillet on low med heat
Add the green beans and shallots ( I wash my beans just before cooking, so the beans are slightly wet)
Cover, stirring occasionally for 10 min ...or until the beans are as you like them
sprinkle with fresh ground pepper and the sea salt
serves 6...but I can eat half :-)
For easy and wonderful french recipes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails